Tonight's dinner is what I make when I'm home alone. It's simple, quick, probably not health food but is best consumed with a movie. "Dave" was playing on tv & lifted my spirits as I devoured the dish.
JazzyJ's Saturday Night Home Alone Philly Food
- Get about 6-10oz of thinly sliced "philly" beef & throw in the frying pan with 2 Tbsp of A1 sauce on low heat.
- Chop up 1 small yellow onion & 1/2 a bell pepper. Add to the skillet & turn up the heat. Add a dash of pepper & garlic powder or 2 minced garlic cloves. Stir it all up.
- In the meantime, kick the oven on broil. Put a pat of soy butter on two slices of whole wheat bread. Stick in the broiler for about 3 minutes to melt & brown. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Set the bread on a plate.
- Finish the skillet trimmings til the veggies are soft & the beef is cooked through.
- Spoon the skillet goodies over the slices of bread on the plate. Top with two pinches of shredded cheddar. I also sprinkled with parsley & more garlic powder.