It was my first time making a curry dish at home & it was goooood!
- Take 2 Tbsp of a curry paste, I used Pataks, 1/4 cup white wine, 2 inches peeled/grated ginger root, 2 tsp ground cumin, 2 tsp ground cardamom, & blend it all up together. I used my Ninja, but you can just use a fork or whisk, but mix well!!
- Chop up 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts into bout 1" pieces. Throw the chicken & your just made curry sauce in a bowl. Toss it all around to coat the chicken pieces.
- Put a Tbsp of olive oil in a skillet, turn the heat up high, put the chicken & all the curry in the pan. Add 2 dashes of salt & pepper. Cook til the chicken has cooked through, bout 8 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the skillet & set aside.
- Throw about 2 small chopped onions in the skillet. Add a dab (1/4 cup) of water, and stir it all around to pick up whatever goodies that was left from the chicken fry. Once the onions start going clear, put in one 6oz can of tomato sauce. Maybe its 4? Whatever that lil can is. They used diced tomatoes, and we didnt like it. But the sauce would have worked. Bring all this to a high simmer.
- Throw the chicken in the skillet, and stir all round. Let all the stuff marry in a low simmer for a smidgen, add water if you want to thin it a bit.
- Serve over jasmine rice and top with fresh chopped cilantro!
My next try will be to cut out the paste & make my own "paste". See ya!