Sunday, May 10, 2009

Momma's Day Chicken Salad

Ahh it's such a beautiful day...  I thought I would share this recipe for what I'll now call Momma's Day Chicken Salad...  It's easy to make, and it was even easier for me because my lil niece helped!

What you need:

- 1lb of skinless, boneless chicken; I used tenders 

- 1 bunch of red seedless grapes, sliced in half; bout 30 or so

- 2 bunches of green onions, chopped; only 1 if you don't love onions

- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, chopped

- 2 cups Mayo; I used regular ole Miracle Whip

- Salt n Pepper


  1. Get a medium pot, throw in the chicken, boil for about 15 minutes or so.  Doesn't matter how you do it really, cut the chicken before the boil, or after.  If it's thawed, probably easier to do after it's boiled.  Add some salt for good luck.


  2. Take the green onions, chopped eggs, sliced grapes, and 1 cup of mayo & throw it in a big bowl, and stir for a few.  

  3. Drain the chicken, let it sit so the water evaporates out.  When it's cooled, chop it up if haven't already.  Add the chopped chicken to the bowl.

  4. Add the remaining mayo, salt n pepper, and stir it all up really good.  Taste it, add more salt n pepper as necessary.  Refrigerate for...well I don't know... a few hours.  I prefer to do it the night before and let the flavors marry and then serve it.
Now you can top it with chopped peanuts, fancy shredded cheddar, or just leave it as is.  Serve it on croissants, bread, crackers, pita bread - doesn't matter it's delicious!!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment