But I have a new recipe for you. Now, I agree it's a bit high on the fat side, and I will cut that next time I make it by reducing the cheese & taking out the bacon bits - live and learn :) But OMG it's delicious! All ingredients and counts right below except for seasonings, which follow in cooking directions - try it! It's goood!
Spices: Dash of Salt, Ground pepper to taste, onion powder, dash of Emmeril's essence, cumin, chili powder, dash of tobasco, garlic powder.
- Get your big soup pan - the big one, not the huge stock one but the 3 quart one. Add the olive oil in the bottom, heat.
- Throw in the chicken - yeah we're gonna cook it IN the stock pan. Take ALL the spices and put them on top of the chicken, cover and let cook for I don't know say 5 minutes on high.
- Things starting to burn? Good! That's flavor people! Now flip the chicken, hang out for 1 minute, then add about 1/3 cup of water.
- While that's a-brewing, take the chicken stock powder, add it to 4 cups of hot water. Whisk the hell out of it and then add the rice.
- Make sure all your veggies are chopped - not too fine, but in nice chunks.
- Once you think the chicken is just about done, pour the chicken stock & rice water in the pan (still on high!), and add all the veggies & cheese.
- When everything is good and bubbling, add in the sour cream, stir stir stir. Add water if you don't think it's enough - but slowly!
- Let it boil for eh maybe 5-7 minutes, take off the heat, and let it sit a good 15 minutes - helps to thicken and marry the tastes.
- Top with the bacon bits (or for less fat, don't) and serve!
PS - notice I never cut the chicken into chunks. Well it's up to you. This served 2 of us, and to make sure both of us got the same amount of chicken, I left the chicken whole then took it out with tongues and used kitchen shears to chunk it up equally into 2 bowls, then added the soup. But you can certainly cut it up before you even cook it - up to you! And remember to take all the totals and divide by 2 to get the PER SERVING totals!